• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adchoice eliminated

stanley s

Lurker
Jul 3, 2018
I was getting many adds, very dark, sometimes couldn't tell if the phone was on. Replaced and disabled browsers. Downloaded add protectors no help. Finally, traced it to a compass that I had downloaded. A mostly dark compass. I then downloaded a different compass- a while compass. The adds - adchoice- started coming in again, now white easy to see adds. No more compasses for me. So, if you are getting Adchoice, look at the compass.

Isn't it amazing that we have to hack our (OWN PHONES' to keep them from disrupting us with ads!
As like many of you, I've read up on this seemingly Illegal form of forced advertisements.
Only to find that they are governed by DAA (digital advertising Alliance) & DAAC (digital advertising Alliance Canada) described as : 'The DAA is an independent 'SELF REGULATED' non-profit organization led by leading advertising and marketing trade associations.'
LEAD BY THEMSELVES!
SELF REGULATED?!!!! WTF!
It's absolutely ridiculous that we have to have a form on this in the first place. it's our phones and our service that we pay for!
Yet they are able to interrupt what we are doing on our own privately owned phone with their damn ads, and collect private information on us, all because they are 'self-regulated' and can do what they want. Who put these people in charge of themselves? you know the answer to that. Same powers that be that have us under their thumb on everything we do.

Upvote 0
Self regulation never works, this is governments being lazy and shrugging their shoulders at public problems that should be addressed - but have little time, money or drive to regulate.
rolleyes.png

And so it goes on....and on...
oops.png
Yes Orrrrr ,,,, the money is, where the money is... Screw the people aka 'sheeple' (as they like to refer to us) time and time again. Why? Cause the 'sheeple' are just plain tired. Just beat'n down and bad.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones