• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Add a "wait" to a contacts phone number

scanman

May 8, 2010
Milwaukee, Wi
With my EVO I added a "w" in between tones when I called my bank for the phone to wait. This allowed the auto-magic voice to finish its directions and then I could continue and then have my phone wait for the next instruction. I know with the PHOTON you add a pause by inserting a comma, is there any way to enter a "wait" command?

When entering or editing the number in the phone book, press the alpha "ABC" to bring up the pause or wait buttons/command.

RESOLVED!!!!!

What I did was hold down my finger in the area for the phone number, choose INPUT METHOD, choose MULTI-TOUCH KEYBOARD (I was using SWYPE), and then went to the the symbols keyboard and voila!! there was a PAUSE button and a WAIT button.

A comma (,) gives you a PAUSE and a semi-colon ( ; ) gives you a WAIT. Ugh I should have tried the semi-colon but didn't until now.

Thanks for pushing me down the right path PHOTOX!!!

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0
I'm well aware of the comma since I use it to send international faxes at work (we have dialing codes that require a pause), but still not clear what the WAIT function does?

A "pause" is just that the phone pauses and then automagically continues. A "wait" requires operator intervention by depressing a button; handy for the larger number touch's required to access accounts and voice mail systems etc etc. doesn't do much for time savings on single digit prompts other than allow you to push a larger button while, god forbid, driving!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones