1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Add BlueTooth to Android 2.1 Tablet?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thymox, Dec 30, 2010.

1. thymox

thymox Member

Rooted 10" Infotmic Tablet running Android 2.1-update-1. It has 2xUSB-A ports that run as hosts - I can connect USB keyboards, mice, storage devices (pendrives, USB harddrives, card-readers, etc) and 3G dongles to 'em. I have a lovely slow-profile USB BlueTooth dongle that I used to have attached to my laptop. Anyone know how I can add BlueTooth support to my shiny? I'm happy to get my fingers dirty.

Cheers.
    Grant. :)

Advertisement

2. thymox

thymox Member

And thoughts? It would seem that it has all the required Linux Bluetooth stack, it just lacks the actual kernel modules. I am considering getting the sources to the same version of the kernel and cross-compiling the relevant Bluetooth module and copying them over... but without depmod available on the tablet I'm not sure if it'd work. :(

Anybody got any experience doing this kind of thing?

3. Punch69

Punch69 New Member

Jul 13, 2011
    Hello, have you been able to arrive at a solution for this problem? i am facing a similar problem with my android tablet. Help please!!

4. Magic12

Magic12 New Member

Aug 26, 2011
    Hi... did anybody found a solution to this problem... I'm facing same challenge with my tablet.... pls help :(