• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

add contact notes?

smilem

Lurker
Feb 25, 2011
Hi, I used N8 before, now I have galaxy2, how can add contact notes? I mean I can add only one note and not even rename the title of note. It is just "Note"

Come on how do you rename notes to more meaningful like "door code" etc.
How to add multiple notes.

I do not have a S2, still on the fence but just want to clarify, so if you open your contact on the phone and scroll down, the notes you have entered for that contact on gmail on the PC does not even show up? Wow! Thought Android was supposed to seamlessly integrate with Gmail. Even my current old BB will carrynover the notes from Gmail. Maybe I am misunderstanding.

Upvote 0
Perhaps I was misunderstood.
When you add new contact in you phone, enter mobile number, work number, you can enter note for your contact that is named "note".

I can only add single note for every contact, and I would like to add more. The plus sign for adding note is not available when singe note is added.
I can't rename "note" to something that describes what the note is about.

Everything I listed is working on nokia even old 6680 with symbian v2 if I'm not mistaken.

I tried several contact managers but they just change the appearance not add new features like I'm looking for.

I do need to enter custom information for every contact, I don't want to use gmail or other online app. If it's not available then business users must be using nokia for same reason? How can you manage your contacts with just single note that you can't change description for and few tel numbers? Come on few people have single phone number these days. And often you must keep notes what number is for what.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones