• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Add feature to lock settings.

Rploeser

Lurker
May 19, 2017
I wish they would add a feature to be able to lock the home screen, secondary screens and all icons. So that they can not be modified without entering a password. Everytime I take my phone out of my pocket it has change the desktop background image. Added 23 more side screens, moved or deleted icons etc... it would he nice to be able to setup all te screens and icon the way you want and then lock it so that it can't be changed without unlocking it first.

Reactions: cs979329
Many third party launchers do allow you to lock the desktop (including icons and wallpapers).

I assume that you don't use any form of lockscreen if all of that can happen in your pocket? Indeed unless you have a long timeout and don't turn the screen off before putting it in your pocket I'm at a loss as to why you have so many problems of that sort.

Reactions: PitCarver
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones