1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support "Add Folder" for Facebook contacts missing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SnakeFox, May 1, 2011.

1. SnakeFox

SnakeFox Lurker
    None

May 1, 2011
    Okay, so I've been doing a bit of Googling, and from what I've read, I should be able to add a folder to my Home screen which shows all the Facebook contacts I've got who've listed their phone numbers in their profiles. But, in the Add Folder menu, my only options are New Folder, All People, Bluetooth Received, Phones and Starred.

Anyone any idea why there's no Facebook Phonebook or Facebook Contacts option?

Sorry if this is a really stupid question, I've not had the phone very long. I did try searching though, and I couldn't find anyone else asking this particular question.

Advertisement

2. cowboy46

cowboy46 Newbie
    None

May 6, 2011
    I have same issue since I updated the facebook app to latest version.
    Folder has vanished and I no more see option to add it again.
    Any one knows?":thinking:

3. SnakeFox

SnakeFox Lurker
    None

May 1, 2011
    Hmm... I hadn't thought that maybe an update had removed the functionality, since I never noticed it there in the first place. I uninstalled the updates I had installed, and sure enough, the Facebook Phonebook folder reappeared in my Add Folders dialog.

Of course, now my News Feed doesn't work. I presume if I reupdate, then the folder will disappear? I wonder if there isn't some way of fixing this? Perhaps a version of the software from after the News Feed bug was fixed, but before the Phonebook folder was removed?

EDIT: Okay, second thought. When I uninstalled the Facebook updates, in the list of apps under Manage Applications, there were two entries. "Facebook", with a size of 0.00MB, and "Facebook for HTC Sense". When I reinstalled the updates, "Facebook" gained an actual file size, and "Facebook for HTC Sense" disappeared. And with it gone, the option to add Facebook Phonebook to the home screen vanished as well.

The folder I added was still there, but opening it crashed something rather vital. I'm guessing then that the Facebook Phonebook feature is a part of HTC's own Facebook app, which must be replaced or superceded by the "Facebook For Android" app on the Market.

I wonder if there's any way to stick with the HTC Sense version, but to also have it work?

quinn64 likes this.
Tags: