• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Add French to Android Dictionary so I can text in that language too??

jbhumph

Android Enthusiast
Jul 4, 2010
Does anyone know of an app or a way to add French to the Android dictionary so that I can text in French without it always trying to correct it in English? I want English as the base language just want to add French in as well without having to go into the dictionary and add French words like crazy

I did find an app called "Slide it" that appears to offer something that will do this but just wanted to ask the experts first....plus it's not free so I hate to purchase this if it won't do what I need

Unfortunately she doesn't have an Incredible...my gf has the Droid. She's thinking of switching to the Droid X though...so maybe that will offer some better features for this?

Any other suggestions are definitely welcome as she has many friends in France and she is bilingual

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones