1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Add keyboard language?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lemming, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Lemming

Lemming New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Hi all,

I just received my HTC Desire, which is great. My main problem with it so far is that the keyboard only supports English and French, and I need to write in Spanish. I've seen other people saying theirs additionally supports Spanish and Italian - is there any way I could add those languages? I only seem to have English and French locales, can I install new locales? I realise there are a number of third party keyboards, but I really like the default one.

Cheers,
    Colin

Advertisement

2. Lemming

Lemming New Member

Apr 16, 2010
    So I opened a ticket with HTC about this, to their credit they responded pretty quickly. However they told me that the phone is locked to France, even though I bought it from the Spanish portal of eXpansys. I'll be chasing eXpansis to see what's up with that. But in the meantime, is there anything I can do about this? Can I un-region-lock the phone? I specifically paid a lot of money to get an unlocked phone, this seems pretty crap to me. Assuming I can unlock it, can I install new language packs? Could I flash the phone with a Spanish ROM?

Sorry if these are newbie questions, this is my first Android phone.

Thanks for any help,
    Colin

Tags: