1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Add more home screens

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bluemax65, Jan 19, 2013.

1. bluemax65

bluemax65 Lurker
    None

Jan 19, 2013
    Hi, I got a Asus N7 32gb funning OS 4.2.1 as a belated Xmas present and have been fooling around with it for the last week or so.

I was wondering if it is possible to add extra home screens to the N7. Mine has 5 pre-installed. I ask, mainly because I am kind of picky when it comes organising my ipod touch or my laptop or PC and I am no different when it comes to my new N7.

Just as an example, I want to have all my work and important apps on the 1st home page. then on the second I'll have apps/widgets that I use in a support function for my job during the day. This goes on until all the apps/widgets are sorted the way I want them.

The problem is that I don't have enough home screens and am "doubling" or "tripling" up one or two of the screens. I find, for example, that I have all my apps and widgets I need for my work as a network engineer sharing space on a home screen with news apps/widgets.

i want to be able to have enough home screens so that I don't have to "share" them, and i want to have a few more screens that I can use exclusively for widgets, since I need to to run some of them for hours, overnight or the entire weekend, to collect the data I need to do my job.

Is there any way I can do that, add extra home screens, from within the OS (ver. 4.2.1) or do I need to install an extra app to be able to do so.

Also, is it possible to name the home screens.?

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. jjrx3

jjrx3 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 12, 2012
    Male
    Los Angeles
    yeah youll need to install a launcher. Try holo launcher. Its like the stock launcher but it offers some more customization. Not sure how many more home screens you can add i think its more than 7.

3. Netcat

Netcat Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 7, 2011
    San Jose, California
    Of course you can install a different launcher to get more screens, but instead of using a separate screen for each category which I think is what you want to do, use a separate folder for each category instead. You can put as many apps as you want into one folder and that only takes up the space on your screen of ONE app. You can name each folder individually. One screen can be organized with many folders and hold everything! The other four screens can be used for widgets. Of you can mix it up. Folders are the key to the 5 screen limit.