• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Add more quick contacts?

new to Android, the Droid X and these forums, so give me a break if this is a dumb question.

The default screen to the right of the home screen on the X has 4 quick contacts on it. I'd like to add more, basically fill this screen with the 12 contacts I contact the most. I cannot figure out how to add more contacts to the screen...it starts out with 4 spots you can fill up, but how do you add more of these? Are these technically widgets or are they called something else, maybe I just am searching on the wrong term and that's why I couldn't find an answer.

Long press on the screen in an empty space, add Motorola Widgets, Contact quick tasks, choose contact and how many tasks you want it to have. I think it defaults to two, but I just wanted the single icon to call the contact, so when you add it you have to resize it down to the single icon by moving the arrows.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones