1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Add notification tone

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sam007, Jan 13, 2013.

1. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member

Unrooted Verizon s3

Guys - how do i add a new notification tone? I already have an mp3 which I've used for 5 years and want to stick with it. There is no New button in notifications like one exists for ringtones and adding this mp3 in the Notifications folder doesn't help

Thanks!

2. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

Notification sounds are changed in the app you want to use. Email and sms just open each and go into settings and you will see the option to change the notification sound.

3. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member

Yes but each app will only show the sounds available to it on the phone. I'm talking about adding a brand new notification tone (an mp3 that I have on my computer)

4. jp0469

jp0469 Member

Create a folder on your SD card called "Notifications" (it might already be there) and then just drop the mp3 there. It should now show up when you go to pick a tone. You can also do the same with "Ringtones" and "Alarms" respectively.

5. boofer

boofer Member

plug your phone into your computer. select Media device (MTP) so this shows up in windows explorer:

[​IMG]

there's a pre-set folder structure under "Phone" and whatever .wav/.mp3 files you have in your Notifications folder will show up when you assign different notification sounds within the phone and within different apps. the same thing goes for what you put in the alarms and ringtones folders as well.

6. davoid

davoid Android Expert

First of all, drop the mp3 into the notification folder or wherever you want to keep it (where you keep it is not important, as you'll see).

Then install a file manager such as ES File Explorer (which I recommend).

Then when you go to change the ringtone or notification tone, you will be offered the option to choose the system sounds (which were available before), or to use ES File Explorer. You can choose to use it Just Once, then the app will open and you can browse to where the file is stored and select it.

:)

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews