• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ADD-ON] ICS Camera Flash [20130409]

G

g60madman

All,

I have not tested this but I believe this should work. Please make sure to backup before flashing in case it doesn't work. This can be used on all ICS ROM's for the Motorola Triumph.

WORKING
Video Preview
Camera Takes Pictures
Panorama Takes Pictures
Torch

DOWNLOAD
http://dl.mtdev.us/CM9/Camera-Flash.zip
MD5: c0db510281aecdaac15d1a4bc2088720

DONATIONS:
Your donations are very much appreciated. All funds are strictly used to help better MTDEV releases!

Hey G60 have you figured out why the images aren't saving yet? Not trying to be pushy just wondering if I can get some insight into what the problem is. I'm currently learning Java and C++ and I'd like to know.

Thanks!

Not sure right now, dorrey tried some changes in the camera to store the photos but it's still not working. By all means fell free to read the commits and check it out. Like all ROM's MTDEV release (besides MIUI) all the source is open for everyone to see and use :D

Camerahal
https://github.com/MTCM9/camerahal-test/commits/ics

Libcamera
https://github.com/MTCM9/libcamera2/commits/ics

Reactions: ShadyBusiness
Upvote 0
I can confirm this works. Able to turn on my flash with the torch app, took a panoramic picture and the camera preview shows up. FFC crashes the camera app, however. No worries there, it will all come with time. A thing I'd like to point out however is that while this makes the LED flash functional, the notification drawer button option for the torch is still grayed out and not able to be put in the drawer. Is this able to be fixed? Or perhaps it is in the ROM with this enabled? I don't want to go through a wipe and work on restoring all my apps and such until thongs are really ready, so I was much more willing to try this add-on of yours.

Upvote 0
I can confirm this works. Able to turn on my flash with the torch app, took a panoramic picture and the camera preview shows up. FFC crashes the camera app, however. No worries there, it will all come with time. A thing I'd like to point out however is that while this makes the LED flash functional, the notification drawer button option for the torch is still grayed out and not able to be put in the drawer. Is this able to be fixed? Or perhaps it is in the ROM with this enabled? I don't want to go through a wipe and work on restoring all my apps and such until thongs are really ready, so I was much more willing to try this add-on of yours.

The torch could be dependent on the camera working when the source was built. What ROM are you using?

Upvote 0
The torch could be dependent on the camera working when the source was built. What ROM are you using?

I'm currently running your MTDEV CM9 11/13 release.

Having switched to FFC is also preventing the camera from starting up in addition to the initial crash, just realized. I've cleared camera data and force-stopped it with no results. Haven't tried a restart yet because this isn't much of an issue for me but I will do it soon enough I imagine, lol.

Upvote 0
Actually this will also allow video to preview but no record.

So.. Just spent sometime reading about all the recent advancements with the MT ICS debacle. Congrats on the all the hard work.!!

I have the same question as above but regarding the 01/06 build. Am I suppose to flash this on top of that or is this worked into that build? Forgive me if I missed something I'm getting a little confused between the reason for this separate thread & whether I need this zippy for camera functionality on MTDEV CM9 01/06, or if this is just an add on for ICS ROMS like PA, AOKP, Dirty & Codename.

Thanks again for all the hard work.

Upvote 0
So.. Just spent sometime reading about all the recent advancements with the MT ICS debacle. Congrats on the all the hard work.!!

I have the same question as above but regarding the 01/06 build. Am I suppose to flash this on top of that or is this worked into that build? Forgive me if I missed something I'm getting a little confused between the reason for this separate thread & whether I need this zippy for camera functionality on MTDEV CM9 01/06, or if this is just an add on for ICS ROMS like PA, AOKP, Dirty & Codename.

Thanks again for all the hard work.
add on to non cam working CM9 based ROMs

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones