1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Add on Keyboards missing in 2.1?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Michaeljc70, May 20, 2010.

1. Michaeljc70

Michaeljc70 Active Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I want to use speech to text which I thought was going to be in this update. I installed Better Keyboard and Swipe keyboard. I enabled both in the settings (they are checked), but when I click the options button on the keyboard and try to select a keyboard, I only get the 3 standard options (QWERTY, Phone, Compact QWERTY). Any ideas why?

Advertisement

2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

Nov 28, 2009
    Try the XDA keyboard HERE.

Enable it in settings. Go to create a text message and press and HOLD input area until you get a message to change input method.

budninja likes this.
  3. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    Okay, note to people wanting this.... just tried both the Hi Res and Low Res; only the low res works on ours. Oh well. Still looks the same, just with the mic and any other options I felt I was missing.

4. jonwlewis

jonwlewis Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2010
    Skip Trace Investigator
    Loveland, Colorado
    I use the Better Keyboard. The voice to text seems to work fairly well for me.

Sent from my Sprint HTC Hero with Tapatalk.

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Resource Consumer
    San Diego
    Yea... I found the apk for better keyboard online, I like it enough so I'm probably going to buy it sometime in the next few days or something. Still giving the modded HTC one a chance though, but it seems kind of chunky and lags a lot compared to stock and better keyboard.

Tags: