• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Add-Ons] Apps & Stock files for all roms

OK I have 2 questions (sorry if they are really noob-ish):

1. I really like the stock news widget and I did an app backup of it in ROM toolbox but when I go to restore it to my new rom (Broken Out) it wont because it says"...may not be possible due to signature mismatches." and then of course it doesnt install. Is that one that your working on adding and I should just wait or is there someway around this to get this widget on it.

2. Once I enable the boot sound again is there anyway to change the sound itself? Or is the sound just going to make startup longer?

K I guess that was really 3 questions but any help is appreciated! Thanks! :)

Upvote 0
OK I have 2 questions (sorry if they are really noob-ish):

1. I really like the stock news widget and I did an app backup of it in ROM toolbox but when I go to restore it to my new rom (Broken Out) it wont because it says"...may not be possible due to signature mismatches." and then of course it doesnt install. Is that one that your working on adding and I should just wait or is there someway around this to get this widget on it.

2. Once I enable the boot sound again is there anyway to change the sound itself? Or is the sound just going to make startup longer?

K I guess that was really 3 questions but any help is appreciated! Thanks! :)
lol getting fingerprint mismatch.. you must have backed it up on zvb or something lol im not sure.. but is it not in the stock widgets zip? if not ill add it lol probly just forgot..

as for boot sound you can change it.. there are many guides out there how to but easiest way is to get your mp3 file, rename it to the metro_poweron... blah blah watever and swap it out with the one in the zip file i released than flash it :D use 7zip program to swap the mp3 files to avoid making new zip and signature

Reactions: Dr0idWhisperer
Upvote 0
Hey thanks for the super fast reply! :D

Yeah I'll look for a guide to change sound thanks!

No I backed it up on ZVD and Broken Out is based off ZVD Im pretty sure so I didnt think there would be much problem in that respect.
I didnt actually download the zip and see if it was there I will do that now. I just was looking at the op and I didnt see it in the list and you said you were adding more so I figured it wasnt there very sorry about that. I will check it out now and get back to you!

Again thank you very much for the reply!

***No I didnt see it in there. If you could add it whenever you have time or whatever that would be so great!***

Reactions: LDrifta
Upvote 0
Hey thanks for the super fast reply! :D

Yeah I'll look for a guide to change sound thanks!

No I backed it up on ZVD and Broken Out is based off ZVD Im pretty sure so I didnt think there would be much problem in that respect.
I didnt actually download the zip and see if it was there I will do that now. I just was looking at the op and I didnt see it in the list and you said you were adding more so I figured it wasnt there very sorry about that. I will check it out now and get back to you!

Again thank you very much for the reply!
haha no prob, im sure ill add it if its in higher deman :D but if needed i can make yu a quick installer zip, let me know

Upvote 0
If you would be willing to make an installer for me that would be great if nots not much problem for you or if its easier for you to tell me how I think I might could manage either way is fine with me I just dont want to make a bunch of extra work for you. Thanks again!

here ya go!! :D

News

im adding it to OP also

Reactions: Dr0idWhisperer
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones