• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Add phone number to Facebook contact?

ziphnor

Lurker
Jun 12, 2010
I just got my Desire a few days ago, and so far i am very pleased with it (coming from a Nokia N95 8GB).

I do find the contact handling somewhat counter intuitive however.

For example , i have some contacts from facebook for which i have no other contacts created, but i need to add additional information (in particular phone numbers).

I do not seem to be able to add information to a facebook contact. Do i really need to manually create another contact, then manually give it the same name and then link it to the facebook profile in order to have a place to add the phone number?

For example , i have some contacts from facebook for which i have no other contacts created, but i need to add additional information (in particular phone numbers).

I do not seem to be able to add information to a facebook contact. Do i really need to manually create another contact, then manually give it the same name and then link it to the facebook profile in order to have a place to add the phone number?

Having the same problem - is there really no one with a solution yet?
:)

Upvote 0

You cannot do this because of the simple reason that it's their profile you're trying to edit/append to.

Take your google contacts for example. You can edit the contact and it gets edited in your gmail contacts list too. You won't be able to do the same for Facebook because you have no access to edit your friends' profiles.

Upvote 0
This seems like a good solution. The only thing you left out is how to link the new phone number with the pre-existing facebook account - you do that by hitting the menu button when you click on the new entry you created - you'll see an option to link, unlink, or share the contact there.

My workaround is to create a new contact and link it to the facebook contact (manually).

You can do this by tapping on their name after you've created their entries locally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones