1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Add photos to Nest Display

Discussion in 'Smart Home' started by thaKing, Dec 10, 2019.

1. thaKing

thaKing Android Enthusiast

I'm considering buying my mother a Nest Display for Christmas. I saw a digital photo frame that allowed anyone to email pics to the frame (cost is 2x the Nest). Which is perfect for my son, who can send his pics to his grandmother. So I'm curious, what are the options to add photos to the Nest Display? Is there a simple way a 9 yr old can add photos remotely to the Nest?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I got the nest hub display thing, whatever the name of it is now. Anyway, I was able to identify my family members and pets I wanted to show up on the display and any pics of them uploaded to google photos show up. Way too simple. I'd imagine you could do some shared / synced albums for mom and have those photos automaticaly added to her photo frame.

lunatic59 likes this.
  3. JAy3001

JAy3001 Android Expert

Oh my, I can imagine some embarrassing moments here.. :oops::oops::p

4. thaKing

thaKing Android Enthusiast

Maybe I'll try something like that. Thanks.

@JAy3001 - he's almost 9, no concern about embarrassing moments. If he was a teenager maybe.

Unforgiven likes this.
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

9 is the new 14. ;) :eek:

I hope your mom is a little more tech savvy than my mother-in-law. We tried to get her setup with something similar and it kept freaking her out that the photos would change without her doing anything.

Unforgiven likes this.
  6. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I'm too adult for inadvertant photos. :p
    Let me know if you need help. I can probably remember how I set it up, but it was really following wizards. :)

mfavian180 likes this.