• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Add words to T9 Dictionary?

Yamthief

Lurker
Apr 16, 2009
Hi. I had a G1 for a while and never had problems adding words to the T9 dictionary. Now i have a HTC Hero and can't find any way of adding words to the phone keypad T9 dictionary.

I used to start a word, then click the drop down arrow, then press "add word", but it appears that this option is non-existent on the Hero. Is this because i was using the "Chinese imput" input option or have they just moved this on the Hero.

Thanks.

it's easy to add words.

When you are typing, the dictionary will try to suggest the correct word by showing little boxes above where you type. Click the box that contains what you actually typed (the correctly spelt word), (it is always the bubble box to the left), and it will automatically save it to dictionary.

Be carefull not to do that to words that are not correct words.. as there isnt any obvious way to remove added words to the dictionary.

Upvote 0
Thanks guys, I worked this one out on my own a few hours ago. The way I did it was by flipping the phone sideways then typing the word, then clicking either the plus or the orange suggested word.

Now we're on the subject, is there a way to easily edit the words in the T9 dictionary? Is there an app for it? Thanks! :)

Upvote 0

You're a funny guy... this is the HTC Hero subforum and you know your app doesn't work on HTC Hero
c070.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones