1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

add wrong contact to favorites

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hatsufi, Sep 19, 2011.

1. hatsufi

hatsufi Lurker
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    HELP!! When I tap on the star by a contact to add it to my favorites, it adds someone completely different. It always adds the same wrong one. I am using the contact android application and also use companionlink professional to sync with my outlook. Why does it add the wrong contact?

Advertisement

2. 1fastsuv

1fastsuv Lurker
    None

Sep 20, 2011
    Mine does the same thing! I actually deleted the contact that it uses and it picked a different one. It picks the same one every time but it's not the one I'm trying to choose.

hatsufi likes this.
  3. hatsufi

hatsufi Lurker
    None

Jan 24, 2011
    EXACTLY!! What is the fix? Does anyone know?

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian

Oct 28, 2009
    Male
    Graduate Research Assitant | That part time IT guy
    3rd Rock
    both of you using companion link?

is there a way to update companion link? or refresh it? Seems link the databases in CL have gotten out of sync with your phone....

5. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

I was going to say contact the developer but maybe a data clear would work.

6. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 9, 2010
    I haven't heard of this issue with any of our customers before. Are you both using CompanionLink, or is it just hatsufi? I'll definitely dig deeper to see if there's something in our process that might be causing this, but at this point I'd guess something is going on with the Android Contacts app.

- David

7. kcsmith

kcsmith Lurker
    None

Sep 29, 2011
    I have exactly he same issue. Companion link/deja office. when i press the star, it changes to green, then back then blue then back. I go to my favorites and it have an entirely different person there. And, I cannot undo the favorite.

Help.

8. companionlink

companionlink Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 9, 2010
    All -

I've talked with our dev team about this and it turns out there was a small bug in DejaOffice which could cause this behavior. It has been fixed in the latest beta build (available on our website: Download DejaOffice for Android).

Bear in mind that to fix the issue for existing contacts, you will need to purge and reload using CompanionLink after installing the 1.12.1 beta. This is because existing records in Android Contacts need to be replaced in order to fix the problem. If you need any help with that, just let me know! Also, I want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you!

- David Z.

9. lmktacwa

lmktacwa Lurker
    None

Oct 18, 2011
    I am having the same problem, however, I use verizonwireless "backup assistant". This is not a Backup Assistant problem. This is a BIONIC problem.

I'd really like to know how to fix this. I tapped the photo of my son (in the faves bar), pressed the green phone, and it called my dog walker. not even close. Tried deleting him as a fave, and re-adding. Nope, still assigned to my dogwalker.

Will try to clear cache, pull out the battery and reboot.

This is day 2 w/my Bionic (moving from an HTC Incredible) and the ONLY thing I like about it so far is the screen is bigger. BIG WOOP! I'd rather wait til HTC put s out a 4.3" screened droid for Verizon than use this thing. I miss SENSE!