• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Added a line to my grandfathered plan, kept unlimited.

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
Jun 19, 2010
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up,

I was able to add a line to my grandfathered unlimited data plan, Verizon still has the family plans but I did have to call 3 different times to get a CSR who could/would do it.

The first few CSR's said "I don't even have the option in my computer to add a line without changing you over to our share everything plan"

The CSR I just spoke with told me how it was he said "looking at your account, you DO NOT want to lose that unlimited data, but you have to MAKE SURE you tell our sales dept that you need to retain that plan"

He also gave me the old vzw pricing, So I was able to add my wife to my account for an additional $40/mo.

But as many have said before, just keep calling until you get a CSR who knows or is willing to tell you what is going on.

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up,

I was able to add a line to my grandfathered unlimited data plan, Verizon still has the family plans but I did have to call 3 different times to get a CSR who could/would do it.

The first few CSR's said "I don't even have the option in my computer to add a line without changing you over to our share everything plan"

The CSR I just spoke with told me how it was he said "looking at your account, you DO NOT want to lose that unlimited data, but you have to MAKE SURE you tell our sales dept that you need to retain that plan"

He also gave me the old vzw pricing, So I was able to add my wife to my account for an additional $40/mo.

But as many have said before, just keep calling until you get a CSR who knows or is willing to tell you what is going on.

That would be the new pricing. The old pricing was $10 per line. Or am I missing something?

Upvote 0
I think Verizon is becoming less strict for some reason. A co-worker of mine just signed a new two year contract and upgraded his phone this week and he was allowed to keep unlimited data as well !! I tried everything a few months ago and they made me change my plan if I was going to use phone upgrade.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones