• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Added HAndcent SMS

RC Addict

Android Enthusiast
Nov 12, 2009
El Paso, TX
Like the title says I added Handcent, which rocks. But now in my notification bar there are two text notifications--one from Handcent and one from the native SMS app. So my question is: Is there a way to keep both SMS apps from showing up in the notification bar? Can I delete the native SMS application?

Any help would be appreciated 'cause my OCD can not deal! LOL!

Also, the original messages will keep opening itself up. I have put this on the Exclude list for my task killer, as well as Handcent, to avoid lag when getting my messages.

Also with Handcent, either turn off the Trackball lighting for SMS/MMS notifications in Handcent, or in your system Settings > Display & Sound. Sometimes Eris crashes when both are attempting to light up the trackball for messages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones