1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Added into group message from one of my contacts with other ones?!

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ewalez331, Jan 1, 2021.

1. ewalez331

ewalez331 Lurker

Y'all I am freaking out. So basically one of my friends in my contacts added me into a group message with a bunch of my random other contacts. These are people he should have no earthly idea what their numbers are. When I asked the group maker directly he claims he has no idea what happened and he was just trying to delete old messages. What is going on? How can someone add me in a group message with my own contacts he doesn't know? Am I being hacked? Is it the provider's fault? Please any answers would be super appreciated. I'm freaking out\. the folks in the group message should NOT be communicating with one another.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

if it is an old group message then the numbers are probably saved within the group. if you select the group, you should be able to select group details and see everyone and their numbers.

and no you are not hacked.

just because something happens that you can't explain does not mean you are hacked. there are far too many who people jump to the same conclusion.

Milo Willamson and Dannydet like this.
  3. ewalez331

ewalez331 Lurker

My friend shouldn't and doesn't know these numbers. It was absolutely not a old group message. There has never been a group message with me, my bestfriend, my professor, my mom and my ex in it. So how could he put me (whether accidentally or not) into a group message with people that only I know and he doesn't? He doesn't know these numbers at all not even the same state.

Milo Willamson likes this.
  4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

How much do you trust this"friend"?

ocnbrze likes this.
  5. ewalez331

ewalez331 Lurker

Not very much to be honest. Is there a way for someone to get access to another person contacts or phone?

6. Milo Willamson

Milo Willamson Android Expert

Well you can write every contact down on a pad of paper and type them up, and that way going back without the cloud back up, then you can have them saved without cloud.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Unless your friend had direct contact with your phone,or had access to your account credentials, or you sent him a group email previously

ocnbrze likes this.