1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Added Music - Album Art

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fluffer, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Fluffer

Fluffer Newbie
    None

May 19, 2011
    Hi, I copied and pasted music folders from PC onto external SD card to be played on Galaxy S2 through Uber Music. All the album art is showing in my Gallery and each artist has it's own folder, so I've not got loads of extra folders in gallery. Although they're separate from images taken with the camera, is there anyway to stop this?

Advertisement

2. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Android Expert
    None

May 17, 2010
    technical illustrator
    UK
    try adding a file called .nomedia to the music folder that you created when you copied the music.

do this in a file manager like astro or file expert, copy an existing file or create a new one and name it .nomedia, this should stop the gallery seeing the contents.

reboot the phone.

Fluffer likes this.
  3. Fluffer

Fluffer Newbie
    None

May 19, 2011
    Cheers for the tip but using Astro and making the folder resulted in 98 or so percent of the music files also disappeared! Maybe due to my music folders containing jpeg image files of its album art. Any other suggestions?

4. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

thats very annoying indeed. im also using ubermusic, and all my music has album art.. but i dont see any of it in the gallery (thankfully :D) which folder did u drag ur music into? did u create a folder called Music, in ur external SD card, and drag the music in there? if im not mistaken, the media scanner shouldnt add images from this folder to the gallery

5. Fluffer

Fluffer Newbie
    None

May 19, 2011
    @heshanj, yes that's exactly what I've done but for some reason, media scanner is adding my album art jpegs to the gallery..... still haven't figured it out. :thinking:

6. heshanj

heshanj Android Expert
    None

so.. in ur music folder, u have subfolders for each artist.. and in each folder, there's a separate jpeg for the artwork? coz my folders are just full of mp3 files.. the artwork is embedded.. so there's no jpeg for the media scanner to pick up