• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Adding a security certificates

Hi,
Thanks for your reply, but from some reason when I access the Market from my phone in Israel I can't find the application (or any payed applications).

Ohad

That simply means Google does not allow payments in Android Market from Israel (the same goes for Russia, and I'm not even sure Ukraine has the Market at all...). It happens. You would have to root your device (read sticky threads in this forum) and use Market Enabler (look in Google).

Actually, I can't see it either. But the thing is - you'd need to root your phone to use WiFi Helper anyway.

Upvote 0
Having just battled with my Droid to get a cert installed, I looked for a thread where I could share this finding. You will quickly learn that Android requires the cert in PKCS12 format, aka a .p12 file extension to "Install from SD Card". Have fun tooling around the web on how to convert a .pem file to a .p12 file. I found the command line windows based OpenSSL port to (a) work and (b) have the necessary support web articles to guide me through. All that said, I did learn that the .p12 must be in the root directory of your SD card, it will not find it in sub-directories. That's all, didn't see that comment anywhere else, so I wanted to get it posted.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones