1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Adding additional POP3 or IMAP account

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by roslja, Dec 15, 2011.

1. roslja

roslja Lurker
    None

Dec 15, 2011
    I am not able to set up POP3 or IMAP email account from "ACCOUNTS AND SYNC" menu.
    As far as I remember when I tested Notes in retail stores there was always an option for POP3 & IMAP account... but not in my case.

By going into Settings / Accounts And Sync / Add Account - the POP3 and the IMAP options is not available (screenshot 1), at least on my Galaxy Note which has been updated to Android v. 2.3.6 (kernel 2.6.35.7-N7000XXKK9-CL725676).

By clicking on email widget or email icon then screen (or screen after that) opens with 3 options on it: POP3, IMAP or MS Exchange but only if no email account has been set up before. After that POP3 or IMAP options will no longer be available whichever way that menu will be accessed, it is simply no longer there, unless:

Later I have discovered for myself that with POP3 or any other email account already set up if I click on email icon, click on the account name in upper left corner (screenshot 2), whilst being in that screen press Menu soft key, choose Add Account option in the middle - then I can set up additional POP3/IMAP/Exchange account.

Initially I have set up a MS Exchange Account first and then tried to find the way to set up a POP3 account which I couldn't. As a result I had to make a factory reset as suggested by Samsung customer service representative, wasted my time.

I hope this info will be useful.

Attached Files:

Advertisement

jinyainc, dobsy01 and bmdietiker1s like this.
  2. bmdietiker1s

bmdietiker1s Lurker
    None

Feb 18, 2012
    Hey Thanks for the find! I was really having issues with this. Thanks again!

3. drunkenmax

drunkenmax Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 21, 2012
    Work for Tyco
    Lymm, Cheshire, UK
    I couldnt get this to work so I deleted my MS account and then installed my me.com account and redid the MS exchange.

4. dilipc

dilipc Newbie
    None

Feb 4, 2012
    New Delhi
    Could you share the settings for the me.com account or point me to the right direction? I can't seem to get it to work...

Ok... Got it to work! This gives full details....

5. dobsy01

dobsy01 Lurker
    None

Oct 27, 2010
    Thank you so much - I was really stuck on this.

6. jhahn

jhahn Lurker
    None

Apr 27, 2012
    I have a Galaxy S2 with Android v. 4.0.3 running and I have a MSoffice active sync email account already setup. I want to add another IMAP account but I can not get to a point where I can tell it is an IMAP account. Any idea?

7. ifb-online

ifb-online Android Enthusiast
    None

Mar 29, 2010
    Male
    Journalist and publisher
    Hemel Hempstead, UK
    Whoops - wrong forum :) Or are you just winding us all up because you already have Android 4? :D

Ian