• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

adding album art

On the computer, I use a program called Mp3Tag to manage my id3 tags. Some of these folks might have other solutions, but this has always worked for me with all of my devices. When I get an album, its first stop isn't Winamp, but Mp3Tag, I clean everything up, put an album cover in, clear the comments (LOL Mp3 id3 tag comment spam) and generally make sure everything is correct. I just did that because I'm partially OCD (an older co-worker of mine says it's because I'm part German, and Germans tend to be perfectionists) but I'm thankful for the extra effort now that I have a phone that renders the album art so nicely.

Upvote 0
On the computer, I use a program called Mp3Tag to manage my id3 tags. Some of these folks might have other solutions, but this has always worked for me with all of my devices. When I get an album, its first stop isn't Winamp, but Mp3Tag, I clean everything up, put an album cover in, clear the comments (LOL Mp3 id3 tag comment spam) and generally make sure everything is correct. I just did that because I'm partially OCD (an older co-worker of mine says it's because I'm part German, and Germans tend to be perfectionists) but I'm thankful for the extra effort now that I have a phone that renders the album art so nicely.

Exactly what I do too lol. I use Tag Scanner, and go through each song and make sure the tags are perfect, down to each capital letter and spaces after dashes, and so on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones