1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support adding an email account to my Samsung S6

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, May 13, 2016.

1. Android Question

None
    Hi, I got my new S6 on April 16th and I have a 1st gmail account and an 2nd email account (which is also gmail address). I can't get my 2nd email to work and have removed it from my phone. Just tried to add another account with my 2nd gmail address under email and it won't let me add the account. When I enter my email account name and then try to enter my password, it gives me this message: "Google 401. That's an error, Error: disabled_client, the OAuth client was disabled. That's all we know". Any ideas on what is going on and how I can fix it? Thanks, Susan

Advertisement

Jimmy lay likes this.
  2. insamniac

insamniac Lurker
    None

May 13, 2016
    Male
    I have an S6, and have had it working fine with gmail for the last 6 months or so. About 90 minutes ago I started getting the same error as you. So I think it might be a case of really bad timing. I suspect something is wrong on the google side, as it is happening to my wife right now as well. Or maybe our home network just got hacked.

edit: I think what really happened was my email app got updated and I hadn't accepted the terms of service. Maybe that happened to you too? Mine's working now.

#2 insamniac, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
    Jimmy lay likes this.