• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adding an unlisted system language?

My phone currently has a very limited set of languages available(Asiatic ones) in the Language and Input menu and I was looking to change it to Portuguese.

I have tried using apps like Locale & Language or Language Enabler, however they never seem to fully translate the entirety of the phone's menus and whatnot(actually, barely anything gets translated at all...).

I've read that I could flash a European ROM into the phone in order to properly change the system's language to Portuguese, however I was wondering if anyone knows any alternative to this? And also, could there be any conflict in the phone for flashing a different region ROM? I'm uneasy about it as I've never flashed android ROMs before and would rather minimize any risk of messing up.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones