1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

adding another home screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by iram, Feb 2, 2016.

1. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

Sorry forgot how to add more home screens. Have 7 right now. Can more be added?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. plpr

plpr Well-Known Member

Nope seven is the max R.I.P lol

3. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

Figures....oh well...have to live with it......Thanks for the info

4. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

A third party launcher might let you have more...why do you need so many anyway?!

5. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

oh no particular reason....I gather just was curious....Just not enough room for all apps to show and other widgets....I know I could condense into folders but not thrilled with that

6. svim

svim Extreme Android User

So you can put 16 app icons on each screen , plus the five in the bottom panel so you've could have up to 117 apps showing on your seven screens. That's quite a bit. I'm going to assume you like widgets a lot so even if you have them on each screen that will cut that 117 total down somewhat. Maybe if some of the widgets are the larger 4x4 ones you could get along with changing them to 4x1 widgets so you'll have more room for app icons?

7. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Third party launchers let you change the grid size, increasing the amount of icons and widgets per screen.

They also allow multi page dock with more or less icons, or removal of the dock.

Either way, your best solution is a third party launcher.

#7 bg4m3r, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    svim likes this.
  8. Curtis1973

Curtis1973 Android Expert

Yeah if you are using stock and need more screens might want to get a third party launcher like apex or nova. I tried to max out screens on stock mod but didn't have any effect after recompile.

9. iram

iram Android Enthusiast

Thanks for input I'll take a look at other launchers

10. plpr

plpr Well-Known Member

I feel like launchers aren't high quality IDK why just feels like ew

11. bg4m3r

bg4m3r Android Expert

Depends on the launchers you are trying. Which ones have you looked at, and what bugged you about them?

LG Volt Forum

The LG Volt release date was May 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

May 2014
Release Date
Reviews