• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Adding Contacts to Group from phone?

AntiNSA

Lurker
Jun 24, 2009
Forgive if this has been answered I cant find the answe. How can I add contacts to groups from my phone when I create a contact? I know how to create group lables and add them from within gmail in my web browser on my computer... however with my phone it seems there is no way... please tell me there is a way and Im wrong...

Forgive if this has been answered I cant find the answe. How can I add contacts to groups from my phone when I create a contact? I know how to create group lables and add them from within gmail in my web browser on my computer... however with my phone it seems there is no way... please tell me there is a way and Im wrong...

Sorry, man, there is no way at the moment. With Google it's just a matter of time.

Upvote 0
Here's what you need to do. First create the contact in your All Contacts list that you want to add to your Group; say Dr. John Doe for example.

Next create a Group under whatever name you want. (Doctors for example). Do this by clicking on menu in All Contacts and selecting Display Groups and click on Create new group. Type in the name for the new group Doctors, for example) and save it.

Now click the menu button and go to Display Groups Click on Doctors. Click the menu button and click on Edit group. You are told that this group has no members. Click on Add. Scroll down the your list until you find Dr. John Doe. Select Dr. John Doe. Tap Done at the bottom of the screen. THen click Save. Dr. John Doe now shows up under your new Group called Doctors.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones