1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Adding events & reminders with S voice?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by duffman010, Dec 18, 2012.

1. duffman010

duffman010 Lurker

I recently purchased a rogers Samsung galaxy S3 and I have been playing around with S voice trying to set up different events and tasks. I was recently trying to set up a doctors appointment on Januray 23, 2013 @ 1:30pm with a reminder for January 14 @ 1:30pm. When I try and enter this in as an event S voice recognizes the event but not the reminder. If I try and enter it in as a task S voice recognizes both the event date and reminder date (unfortunatly I can't set the task for a certain time on the date of the task). Also when I go to the event in my calendar and click on the task, there is a reminder set for "on due date: mon, Jan 14 2013 9:00AM" and the due date of the task is "wednesday, January 23 2013". Does this mean the reminder is set for Jan 23 or Jan 14? from the looks of things it seems to me that the reminder is set for Jan 23.

I contacted samsung about this and I was told that you are unamble to set reminders for events or tasks using S voice. Which to me doesn't make sense if I was able to set a reminder for a task, although it doesn't seem like it is not for the right date.

Is there a way for me to set a reminder for an event using S voice, without haveing to open the event and setting it manually. Thanks in advance for you help.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews