1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Apps Adding external library (not JAR)

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by JM33, Apr 12, 2011.

1. JM33

JM33 Well-Known Member
    Oct 26, 2009

Oct 26, 2009
    Maui, HI
    I want to add a library reference to my project using eclipse. I have added JAR libraries with no problem before. (Simply download and add to /lib then adjust properties). However the library I want to add now does not have a JAR available.

The library is here: android-color-picker - Color picker dialog library for Android users to select custom colors - Google Project Hosting

The instructions from Android development to reference a library:
    To add a reference to a library project, follow these steps:

1. In the Package Explorer, right-click the dependent project and select Properties.
    2. In the Properties window, select the "Android" properties group at left and locate the Library properties at right.
    3. Click Add to open the Project Selection dialog.
    4. From the list of available library projects, select a project and click OK.
    5. When the dialog closes, click Apply in the Properties window.
    6. Click OK to close the Properties window.

When I try step 3, there is nothing there. Of course not, i never added anything;). So how do I add this so it will show up and I can reference it?

I can't imagine that I need to browse the source code available and copy each class / resource. Its not a lot of work, but it seems that it would completely defeat the purpose of referencing the library.

Any help would be highly appreciated, thanks in advance.

Edit: Ok, I found the solution. I had to install Subclipse in Eclipse SDK, and link to the svn. Then I just followed the instructions on the link above to apply it to my project. If anyone has questions on how I did that let me know.