• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adding extra screens to home screen

You can also use the native Android 'Home' launcher app and launch it as an app to get three more homescreens.

I downloaded AnyCut and created a shortcut to the Home app which I placed on my Sense UI homescreen. So, when I launch the Home app, I get three more Android homescreens. When I tap the Home key, it returns directly back to Sense without any pop-ups. The native Android home screens are static which I think is great, so they won't change when I change the Sense UI scenes. The only thing of course is that the native Android homescreens do not have access to the Sense UI widgets, but they can run any native Android widgets and any Android app widgets from the market. In fact, some Android market widget apps don't work well on the Sense UI homescreens after a reboot because they come up with errors or whatever. So, I tend to place those widgets on the native Android Home homescreens since they work every time on them without a problem after I reboot.

Also, you can use an app called Bar Control to add the Home app shortcut to the notifications drop down window so it's available there too.

In fact, I posted information about how to do this back in November which most other Android posters apparently didn't like after reading their comments. So, I don't know if you'll like it either, but I think it's cool. Anyway, here's the link to that thread, http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc...ens-my-hero-yep-count-um-ten-homescreens.html

Upvote 0
Reactions: vjprakashbe
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones