1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Adding flashlight widget to screen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by UberPooch, Mar 12, 2016.

1. UberPooch

UberPooch Lurker

Got my 7 Edge and trying to figure out how to add the flashlight widget to my home screen. I know where to find the widgets but for some reason the flashlight isn't there. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

2. Best Answer:
    Post #13 by UberPooch, Mar 12, 2016 (1 points)
  3. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert

Yea i noticed that, the widget has been removed from marshmallow for an s7 it seems.

You can of course open it from the notification panel, as i'm sure you are aware.

#2 bIOforger, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
    excav8ter likes this.
  4. UberPooch

UberPooch Lurker

Yeah, but it's a pain digging for it. Guess the only other option is to find a decent flashlight app.

5. Rich_NY

Rich_NY Well-Known Member

It's in the settings when you pull down from the top. You can move those, so the flashlight appears on the top 5, so you don't have to pull the settings all the way down.

6. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert

Yep we know that, but it's more convenient to just tap a widget on a home screen, which you can only do now it seems with a 3rd party app.

7. UberPooch

UberPooch Lurker

^^This. Pretty stupid there's no flashlight widget on Samsung's flagship phone. Anyone using a 3rd party app they can recommend? Looking through Google Play Store and many want to track/access multiple areas of the phone just to install.

My previous phone was the Motorola Pure Edition and I used their MotoLight app which is available in the store. I may try that and I was pleased with the easy UI.

8. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert

No ads or permissions in this one.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=at.bleeding182.flashlight

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

10. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert

Er yea i said there were no ads in my post.

11. UberPooch

UberPooch Lurker

12. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert

It's just a widget, not an app, so look in your widgets. It works fine.

KOLIO likes this.
  13. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

X2

14. UberPooch

UberPooch Lurker

Ah, got it. :)

Thanks everyone for the help. One less hassle to deal with.

15. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

I was gonna recommend Tesla LED Flashlight,but,it's force closing,perhaps it needs a bug fix/update for Samsung devices running Android 6.x...............

16. Bodycount

Bodycount Android Enthusiast

Yeah it's stupid they removed the widget from 6.X. One of the things I liked about 5.X.

I just placed it in my shortcut bar as one of my first five.

bIOforger likes this.
  17. Jinxii

Jinxii Newbie

On the edge, it's available in the task edge with the compass and ruler function. Side swipe the tab, hit the cog, and enable the panel from there. It's an extra step than hitting the old widget, but it's there.

18. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

See if the Flashlight is in with your programs. If it is hold down on it and drag it to your home screen. This method works on my HTC One M8 running Android 6.0. It should work for you as well.

19. bIOforger

bIOforger Android Expert

S7 Edge runs 6.0.1 outa the box, the flashlight isn't listed in the app drawer.

20. emster2112

emster2112 Lurker

I'll add my best suggestion I just figured out. While in the widget pull down at the top of the screen (I have S7), to the right of the cog you have a vertical 3 dot menu bar. Tap it and all of your widgets show up. You can drag all to any spot you want. And you can choose how many show in your grid. See my attached screenshot to see the menu bar. :D

Attached Files:

21. emster2112

emster2112 Lurker

I'm sorry if I didn't get all the terminology correct,but you should be able to figure it out.

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews