1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Adding items to a new folder

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stvhilb, Feb 13, 2011.

1. stvhilb

stvhilb Newbie

I added a "New Folder" to my homescreen. I can't figure out a way of adding items to the folder. I want to add specific pictures from my gallery to this folder. The user manual is no help. How do I add items to this folder?

Advertisement

2. gerbetta33

gerbetta33 Member

I know that you can drag and drop applications straight into a folder, don't know about pictures though. Let me check it out really fast. I'll get back to you in a few seconds

3. gerbetta33

gerbetta33 Member

Ok, I tinkered with it a bit. The folders you are trying to add photos to are designed only to hold application shortcuts. Sorry :(

4. stvhilb

stvhilb Newbie

Ok. The user manual reads that the folders can contain data and images. I just figured that meant photos but I guess not. Thanks.

5. gerbetta33

gerbetta33 Member

Are you sure you are talking about homescreen folders and not folders on the Sd card?

6. stvhilb

stvhilb Newbie

Yes I'm talking about the homescreen folders.

7. biggpat86

biggpat86 Well-Known Member

yea just app icons, not ACTUAL pics from the root directory. kinda sucks i know... i also hate how you cant rearrange the icons once they are in the folder. the order in which you add them is how they will show up in the folder. fuggin annoying... but alas, what can we do? o_O