• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

adding java files to an decompressed apk and make a new apk afterward

behnaz94

Lurker
Aug 4, 2018
hi everyone,
just for more information i've used ionic framework to write my application and phonegap build to build it. cause of the ionic app structure it's impossible to add java files there. now that i decompressed it i can see java files in android folder. can i now add some extra java files here and build it again e.g. in android studio?

You need to create a project in Android Studio. Question is, does the Ionic app file structure conform in any way to how Android Studio wants to see things?
It will be a case of manually picking out the relevant classes from the Ionic structure, and putting them in the right place. Not that easy I would say, to get a working Android Studio project.
You could start by creating a fresh Android Studio project, similar to your Ionic app, and looking to see if there are any common items.
Good luck!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones