• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adding Microsoft Exchange Account

On my Samsung it's called "Outlook", which can be used for Exchange.

out.jpg

Upvote 0
In your email address that you are trying to set up, look at the suffix at the end, the part to left of the @ and it will likely be outlook.com. That's what you need to focus on to add the account into your email app's setup.
References you may run across to Microsoft Exchange in your email app are only going to be incidental. MS Exchange is not an email address you use, it's the email server that manages and maintains your online email, contacts, calendar data. If this is a work email address the Exchange server might be running in a closet in your workplace, if your own, it's the Exchange service running in one of Microsoft's server farms.

Upvote 0
The email address is an @outlook.com and whem I try using the hot mail because Exchange says that what I should do, it adds the account as an IMAP. The list of choices that my wife has does not include outlook on the add accounts (see below).

Is the Outlook app installed on her phone? Because you'll only see the accounts for the actual apps that are installed. My phone doesn't have an add account for Facebook, because I don't have that app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.office.outlook

Upvote 0
Okay, thanks that answers 1 issue. I previously had it installed but did remove it. I have now reinstalled it. The app now shows the calendar and email but it does not show contacts. The settings shows the default contacts but don't see any way that I can find the contacts in the app. Also, if I look at the default contact app that came with the phone, it does not list the outlook account and therefore does not have the contacts.

Upvote 0
I finally figured out how to find the contacts in the Microsoft Outlook app but it does not really accomplish the full function. I want to have a exchange account that can be seen by the other apps. I want the default calendar app to see the calendar etc. Also the phone app needs to see the contacts etc. I was able to easily add the exchange account to my phone (long time ago) but can't seem to do same on wife's phone.

If I could manually add the Outlook account I need the server name and domain information along with the ports. If you have this would appreciate it.

Help would be appreciated

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones