1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Adding MMS APN

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by d.2.the.p, Mar 17, 2011.

1. d.2.the.p

d.2.the.p New Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Hello All,

I'm a first-time Android owner, and I recently picked up the Samsung Galaxy S 4G since I've been with T-mobile for what seems like forever. I am big on saving battery, so one thing I'm all about is disabling my mobile data when I'm not using it. However, I still want to be able to enable MMS.

Originally I had downloaded APNdroid since it has the option to still enable MMS while toggling mobile data. I know that this occurs through the widget adding suffixes to the APN names, but this device only comes with a "T-Mobile US" APN which encompasses both Internet AND MMS.

So I know you can go in and change the APN type to "internet" only. And I know that you can ADD a new APN. Buuuuut how the heck do I do that?? It asks for name, apn, proxy, port, user name, password, server, etc. I have NO earthly idea what information I need to provide here. Any insight?

Advertisement

2. d.2.the.p

d.2.the.p New Member

Mar 17, 2011
    So upon further research, it appears that since the release of android 2.1, internet & mms have been under the same APN. If that is the case, is it not possible to separate them without rooting your phone?