• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Adding MP3s to SD Card

you can drop the MP3 anywhere on the SD card and it should find it; however if you put the MP3/WAV/Etc in:
/media/audio/alarms you can use it as a clock alarm sound
/media/audio/notifications for use a sms/email/etc notification
/media/audio/ringtones to use it as a ringtone

My music MP3s are all in /media/music (not sure why- maybe some program put them there?)

I don't believe Android knows the difference between a podcast MP3 and a music MP3.

Upvote 0
I put music from my windows media player on my sd card and I can not get the music to be seen by the phone. Does it have to be an mp3 file? And how can I delete the music that came on the phone?
I am very hi-tech challenged and any help is appreciated

Pete

Windows media files (wma or wmv) are not natively supported by the phone. You need to download a player for them. I use "yxflash" it's in the market.

Upvote 0
Windows media files (wma or wmv) are not natively supported by the phone. You need to download a player for them. I use "yxflash" it's in the market.

Not true. All of my music on my Incredible is in WMA format. I have it all on my internal storage right now, but the Sense music player has no issue playing it at all. 2,277 files in 3.85gb of space. Haven't had a trouble playing a single song, yet.

Upvote 0
Not true. All of my music on my Incredible is in WMA format. I have it all on my internal storage right now, but the Sense music player has no issue playing it at all. 2,277 files in 3.85gb of space. Haven't had a trouble playing a single song, yet.

Really? Thanks for the info, maybe there was a problem with the wma file I tried. I know I tried several wmv (video) files that wouldn't play and had to use yxflash.

Thanks again and I'll retry my wma files.

Upvote 0
I must be missing something. I copied MP3 files from laptop to folder on sdcard called My Music. DINC will see the files, but I get 'unable to play this audio file' message. For the WMA files, I get message 'file type wma not found'. For JPG files, I cannot display those I've put on the sdcard either (although it sees them).

Upvote 0
I removed the 2gb card that came with my Incredible. I replaced the card with a 16gb card.

I put my computer's entire music folder onto the sd card.

All the songs were properly found and automatically put into the HTC Sense's music player.
However, when I tried to use a third-party application to save images from the web, "ImageLeech," I was unable to do so. It saved the image to the card, supposedly, but when I looked for the picture on the sd card, the picture was not there.

I notice that there are no specific "My pics", "my music" folders on the card, as far as I can tell.

I have ASTRO FILE MANAGER, and I can locate my album art, but there's no pic folder to put pics into, and no specific music folder, by the way. (All the music is just "sprawled out" on the card.)

When I dragged the music file into the sd card, while the phone was hooked up to my computer, was I first supposed to do something to create these folders? DOES FORMATTING CREATE THESE FOLDERS? There was no mention of this anywhere from HTC, or from San Disc. In the past, with my old LG Dare cellphone, the sd card I bought (4gb) had "my pics," "my music", etc.

Upvote 0
this worked for me, I made my folder called Podcasts and I put it in my folder Music (I made this one also ) and then I opened the player (both I have double twist and the default player ) then I just change the folder podcast to the regular root of my sd card and the players still found the podcast folder (this work for me since I hook up my phone to my stereo to listen music and I dont ant podcast at the middle of my workout or whatever and still the players just play the podcast on "podcast mode"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones