1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General adding music, not being seen in Music Player

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by nexgenasian, Dec 15, 2009.

1. nexgenasian

nexgenasian Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2009
    programmer
    Hi,

Been adding songs regularly to my g1 with 8 gig micro SD by way of USB-> mount - place in Music Folder. One day I noticed that some songs were not appearing in the Music Player. I deleted the files and tried again; you can seem them in the app astro once the SD card is loaded and can play them in astro but they don't appear in Music player. I then decided to delete all the mp3s and reload all of them. I get maybe 10 songs about of the 200 or so. What is going on?

I noticed under manage applications there's music and media storage, I Cleared them and it helped a little BUT still no luck getting all the songs back.

The mp3 files seem not to be corrupt; I can play them on my computer just fine and in Astro. Do i need to use some syncing software? :thinking:

Advertisement

2. nexgenasian

nexgenasian Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2009
    programmer
    well, i found out myself what it was. Seems to be there is a max file limit for mp3 files. I am not certain what exactly it is, maybe 100 megabytes or so. Someone enlighten us with the specs please? So once i deleted the non- corrupt but too big of file dance mix mp3 file, all files were being added again. I'm very disappointed. looks like my zune still has a job to do. :rolleyes:

Tags: