• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adding music

Usually on most phones it is drag and drop to add music. But seeing as how I cannot mount this phone as a disk drive and it doesn't have an sd card I can't drag and drop music. Is was wondering if there is any way to do this without having to pay for Google music or something like that?

When you plug your phone into the computer, bring the notification bar down and select "media sync" (also, make sure it installs the proper drivers) then open my computer and you should see the device towards the bottom.

I don't think you need to but if that doesn't work, you may need to enable USB debugging in the developer menu.

Upvote 0
Use a different USB port. Make sure you've selected media sync. Settings ! PC Connection ! Select USB connection method. Let the drivers load and install. You need to wait a minute. Your pc should now have an icon for the phone. You should be able to drag and drop to it.

Another option If you have a WiFi router is to use FTP and wirelessly move files without the usb cable. I use the following, but there are alternatives. Search the web for a wireless FTP client like Filezilla for the PC. Sideload the FTP server program called SwiFTP onto the phone (it's no longer in the PlayStore). Drag n drop over WiFi.

Another option I haven't tried but plan on soon...Again if you have a WiFi router is to try the share and connect feature on the phone... Settings ! Share and Connect ! Wireless Storage

Upvote 0
Team viewer is a remote desktop program so I could temporarily control your computer.

Can you open the phone at all in Explorer? Try opening a picture, video, or music file.

ah ok. well yea it lets me open pictures and videos, it even lets me delete stuff but the only thing it doesn't let me do is drop music onto it, its pretty weird.

Upvote 0
I think ive figured out why it wont work. when I go into PC Connection>Help , it says it works with xp, vista, and 7. I have windows 8 think that could be it?

No you are not alone, I only use my G2 with Windows 8 computers and it works fine.

Open My computer > Click on your device name > Click Internal Storage > Click Music > Now drag and drop all your music here..

here is a screen shot
samplee.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones