1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Adding pictures sms

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android2016LG, Feb 13, 2016.

1. Android2016LG

Android2016LG Lurker

When I'm trying to add a picture to a text message when I hit the paperclip it takes you to several options camera pictures video etc.....when I select pictures it takes me to a open from screen instead of straight to my gallery which is my preference. I have cleared out my defaults and reset eveything and can't figure out how to fix it any suggestions??

Attached Files:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Kibaikasu

Kibaikasu Member

That's normal for a 5.0 Marshmallow version of Android. In this case, you would select Gallery and proceed as normal. There is no way to bypass that screen as far as I know, because to my knowledge that's a part of the Android Marshmallow OS. Did you recently upgrade from 4.4 Kit Kat?

3. Android2016LG

Android2016LG Lurker

I haven't gotten marshmallow yet still running lollipop or whatever the one before marshmallow is.

4. Kibaikasu

Kibaikasu Member

Not a lot of device are running Marshmallow right now. Here are the versions and how they correspond with our confectionery favorites:

Version 4.4.2/4.4.4: Kit Kat
    Version 5.0.1/5.1.0: Lollipop
    Version 6.0: Marshmallow

You can check what version you are running by going to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information

You can also go to gsmarena.com and input your device make/model into its search engine and seeing what version of the software the phone came with and latest version of the software currently available..

Speaking of device make/model, what kind of phone are you currently using?

5. Android2016LG

Android2016LG Lurker

Lgv10 VERIZON

6. Kibaikasu

Kibaikasu Member

So the V10 should be running Lollipop. Awesome phone by the way, I too use the V10. I also get the exact same screen when sending MMS, both on the V10 and my old G3. As far as I know, there's no way of bypassing it unless you root the phone and install a custom ROM on it. Just keep in mind that if you consider this option you'll be voiding the LG warranty if you do root it.

7. Android2016LG

Android2016LG Lurker

Okay I appreciate it I've had it for about a month and I really like it too just little stupid things like that drive me crazy

8. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

It would depend I guess on the manufacturer. On Samsung, the messaging app goes directly to Gallery, or gives you options to go directly to Gallery. Are you using the built in SMS app or something you installed like GoSMS or ChompSMS?

9. Android2016LG

Android2016LG Lurker

I'm using built in messaging app I tried a few other ones they worked the same way Always took me to the open from page. I had a Samsung before so I know what your talking about that's what I wish I could do with the LG but can't find any settings to change it

10. Kibaikasu

Kibaikasu Member

LG devices used to go directly into the gallery as late as 4.4.4 Kit Kat. Once the update to 5.0.1 Lollipop happened, the format changed. I know because that's how my LG G3 was before/after the upgrade. =\