1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Adding programs to folder

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Yaksha, Jul 8, 2010.

1. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    On one of my home screens I have a few folders, one for games, one for directions, etc. I used to be able to open a folder and click the plus sign and it would let me add a program in there. Now when I do that it tells me my home screen is full. I have space in my folder but the home screen is full. This wasn't a problem before. Now I need to remove something from my home screen, add a program, then move it to my folder.

The only change I can think of is I rooted my phone. Anyone else having this problem?

Advertisement

2. RustyNail

RustyNail Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Just a thought... Have you tried adding the item to an empty space on one of the other screens and then moving it into the desired folder?

3. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    I also would suggest AppOrganizer. It works great for assigning apps to categories and then you can add (widget) a folder by category.

As for directions and such, you can add it to an empty space on the homescreen and them move it into the folder.

4. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2010
    I actually have every space on every home screen used. This was actually the problem. In order to add something to a folder, you have to have an empty spot on one of the home screens. If they are all full you can't add to a folder. So I deleted something off of screen 1, went to screen 7 where the folder is, and I was able to add something directly into the folder.

I wonder if that's a bug or work as intended. :D