1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Adding your home phone number to lockscreen?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mubble, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Mubble

Mubble Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Hi guys,

Newbie here. Hello to all.

I've recently upgraded from my Blackberry curve to the Desire.

One feature I liked on my Blackberry was the option to add your email address and alternative phone number to the lockscreen so that if you do lose the phone, there's a chance a decent human might contact you and arrange to return it.

Is this option out there for the Desire?

Advertisement

2. Pojken

Pojken Well-Known Member

May 5, 2010
    Try an app called Contact Owner. I think that was it, but haven't used it in a while. There is an app, though.

A good tip is to Google the function you want. Like "contact information lock screen app android". That's how I usually find the apps I want.

Tim

3. Mubble

Mubble Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    Thats the app I was looking for.

Unfortunately it doesn't access my contacts list and therefore I can't set it up with my details. Other reviewer of the app show the same issues.

Boo!

4. It shows numbers instead of contacts but they are actually your contacts, I eventually found the person I was looking for after selecting loads of random numbers but it then wouldn't show on the lockscreen, good idea but rubbish execution.

5. droid247

droid247 New Member

Jul 23, 2011
  6. whingygit

whingygit New Member

Jun 8, 2011
    east hertfordshire
    there is an app on the market for free called "banners",you can size it,change fonts and colours and i know it works on droidlocker cos i have it on my desire lockscreen as im crap at remembering my no.! hope it helps

7. Hadron

Hadron  
    VIP Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Spacecorp Test Pilot
    Dimension Jumping
    I use WidgetLocker as a lockscreen, and a Whiteboard widget with the message "If found, please contact xxxx"

Tags: