• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

address book changes

cdeen

Nov 29, 2009
AGGH, something horrible has happened to my phone, my contacts have been hijacked!

I can't edit my contacts, it says they are "read only" numbers have disappeared and accounts have been linked to the wrong facebook accounts. Did the new facebook update automatically link names in my address book with my facebook contacts? shouldn't I have been asked if I wanted that to happen? Now some of my contacts are gone (father and son with the same name on a facebook account have been linked to one in my address book, making my numbers disappear!

I have uninstalled the new facebook, but I can't do anything to my contacts. I just tried to add a new number and it wont let me.

Add this to my battery issue, the new slow motion of the phone since the verizon update and the lag time, I am so frustrated I want to throw the phone away!!!!

Any advice!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones