1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Address book/People/Contacts and text/sms/mms messaging issues and email addresses too

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mmiller2002, Feb 9, 2011.

1. mmiller2002

mmiller2002 Well-Known Member

OK, I haven't been able to figure out what people/contact lists work with what apps with this phone.

I mainly use ChompSMS for texting because I can enlarge the text of the in/out messages. i have all my contacts in Google account, none in the "phone" and some subset on the SIM (maybe the ones without email addresses I think).

I like to send text/sms/mms/picture messages from my phone to email addresses for a few people because they are phone challenged. When I go to use ChompSMS I pull up the people/contact list by hitting the "+" in the address line and the list has some, but not all of the contacts with email addresses that I want. If I select an email address, or if I manually type one in, the message will not send. No error, it just wont send.

If I try the built-in "messages" app and try to use an email address, I get an error saying invalid address or something like that.

Its all very inconsistent. All I want is to have one list of contacts that has all the phone numbers and email addresses to pick from.

I can't imagine that the ATT store would be able to help me with this one, and I know its difficult to explain this in writing. Can anyone help me get this together?

Thanks

HTC Aria Forum

The HTC Aria release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1200mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews