1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Address Book

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by linuts01, Apr 15, 2012.

1. linuts01

linuts01 Newbie

I got this Phone (Huawei X1) bought me as a birthday present to replace my old Blackberry pearl. I have been for the last couple of hours trying to transfer my Address book from the Blackberry to the X1.

I have put the 4Gb MicroSD card from the Blackberry into the X1. I connected the X1 via USB cable to my PC...(H drive) opened the drive and there are 2 folders in the X1 (1) Drivers (2)Document + a mobile partner.ico.

I do not seem to be able to access the MicroSD card. :mad: As this is the 1st "Smart Phone" i have owned, i haven't a clue as to how to be able to add my Address Book to the X1.

I have managed to copy the Address Book from the Blackberry to my PC. It is an IPD file...? But for the life of me i cannot get it into the X1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated ( before i toss the X1 into the bin...:D ).

cheers

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Android Expert

1) since the sdcard came from another phone, you really should wipe it first.

2) You should spend an hour inputting your contacts directly into your google account, online. It will take a little while now but will save your ass later on. I would not save my contacts on the phone itself, but thats just me.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Its because you are transferring files from different operating systems which uses different file formats. Basically, your contacts are in the wrong format (note that other OS also does not usually recognize contact formats used by others like Nokia's nbu backup files cannot be read by Android or BBs).

The easiest way is to just sync your contacts to Google from your BB, then when you open your phone and connect to the internet using the same Google Account, the contacts and all details will automatically be downloaded.

4. linuts01

linuts01 Newbie

Thanks for the replies, How do i wipe the MicroSD card....? do i put it bqack in the BB to do it.....?

cheers

5. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Your BB can sync to Outlook, so it would be easy to get your contacts to Gmail. Just sync to Outlook then export to Gmail.

As for wiping the card, I would use a PC to format the memory card, instead of using the phones. Also, keep in mind to make a backup of your photos, music or whatever stuff you want to save which are in your memory card. Formatting will delete everything in it.

linuts01 likes this.
  6. linuts01

linuts01 Newbie

Thanks all, formatted the card, now the X1 sees it...:D I have got the wife to input the contacts from the old phone.....:cool:. its that touch sensetive my big fingers are useless using the screens keyboard....:eek:

I also downloaded HiSuite and installed it, made it a lot easier to install stuff on the X1.

cheers