• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AdGuard Experience

Emd69

Lurker
Sep 11, 2019
First of all, I would like to say thank you AdGuard help me block ad in the phone. This is my first time to use AdGuard and I would like to share my experience.
When I have my new phone, I didn't want to root the phone because it will lose the warranty, I'm trying to search some apps can block the ad and control the privacy, somehow I found the AdGuard on Google. Honestly, at that time I was worried about using AdGuard because need connect to VPN, and I had made lot of research and reviews the app. Finally, why not give a shot try to use the app, I downloaded from the AdGuard website after installed in my phone, actually it wasn't difficult to set up, but just need to be patient. After follow the instructions, I'm waiting for the miracle result, I went to browse the website, using the app, social apps, and I found out all the ads disappeared, I went back to AdGuard app, it shows me how many ads have been blocked when I am use the social app and browsing some websites , also I can check the filtering log that's incredible.

The next thing, I want to know about the internet speed because it connects to VPN. I had tested the internet speed, honestly, I don't give too much hope about the speed!!! Well, I was wronged, the app didn't reduce the internet speed also it helps me save data, also I can see on the screen how many data saved from my internet. On the other hand because the app blocked the ad which means the ad will not appear in the phone and reduced the data it helps a lot of people who don't have unlimited plan from the provider.

I guess lot of people consider the battery usage. I can tell the app didn't use battery too much, i had tested the app in one hour and my phone battery remaining same percentage, so the users don't have worry about the battery usage. However, AdGuard app have a lot of features in the settings which are General, Content Blocking, DNS Filtering, Stealth Mode, Browsing Security, Extensions, Network and Advance, if you were an expert I guess you will know how to use the features, if you were first time to use this app don't have to worry how to setup, just follow the instructions and you done. The cooler thing is support dark mode who those people who like dark mode, in my opinion dark mode also reduce battery use and increase beautiful UI.

To summarize, I will recommend people or my friends install AdGuard or for those users who didn't want root the phone. Beautiful UI, easy to setup also the app including premium subscription and the price is not expensive. In addition, AdGuard support windows, Mac, ios and browser extension, for more information and pricing visit www.adguard.com. I would like to say the AdGuard products will not disappointed you.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 116

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones