• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Adios amigos, adios my friends...

YankeeDudeL

Android Expert
Oct 25, 2009
Oh, what a ride we've had together. From the anticipation of the OG, from the launch day excitement, to be opened to the world of root, we've gone through a lot together. Almost two years we've shared. And as each new Android device came out, we lost a couple and a couple more. Today, I move on as well. I'm now the proud owner of a shiny new Droid Bionic. But don't think I've lost my love for the OG. I know what got me here. I owe my current profession to this site and forum (truly). And def made some great friends.

Ok, so this isn't really goodbye. My OG is getting handed down to my brother, so I'll still get to play around, flash new ROMs, and whatnot. But I can no longer post in here as a Droid owner. :eek:

So thanks for everything Droid forum! I'll still be around to help out when I can and seek it when I need it. And maybe I'll be seeing some of you'se in the Bionic forum. And if not, I wish you'se well with the Prime, HD, or wherever adventure lies ahead of you. :cool:

YankeeDudeL, it has been a ride. A long and wild one.

You and I started in the LG Dare forum at Mobile Roar, and then met again at DroidMotorola while we awaited the smartphone of the year: the Droid. Then we crossed paths again here... and you have definitely helped me along the way, rooting & ROMming this thing silly. Adventures, excitements, let-downs and down-right crises!

I am happy for you as a proud new Bionic owner. We all counted down with you until Launch Day for it, and I'm glad you finally can lay your poor OG Droid to rest.

As far as "Droidette" and I go: we'll be rocking on just a little while longer, phone senility and all. As the Prime goes through one certification after another, it becomes less & less vaporware and more and more my next device. Take care, my friend, and keep in touch. :)

Reactions: YankeeDudeL
Upvote 0
Chief, I know you're still waiting (and I'll likely pick up the Prime on my wife's line), but the Bionic just trounces the OG in every way. Screen size, speed, internet, it's all extremely fast and impressive. The screen is nothing special, but give the guy a shot! I've no idea when the Prime will hit, but the Bionic would definitely hold me over another year or so.

Upvote 0
Okay, Okay! Next time I'm in the next town over I'll stop at the Verizon store and at least play with it. My poor Droid needs to be trounced :D but I can only really justify ONE phone purchase right now until December.

So while I think I would fall in love with Bionic, I'm hedging my bets that Prime comes out around October 20th. Even if it comes out around Black Friday, I wouldn't be able to get it until December if I get Bionic now. And I want that sucker on Launch Day.

But I'll give it a test drive anyway, just to see what I'm up against :)

Upvote 0
Heh - I heard you got one....

or did you?

Anyhoo, well, I'm a guide, and I'll still be around - but my main focus is going to be the BIONIC as well. Still, I've gained enough knowledge of the DROID to still be useful for at least another year or so....

I'm curious why they allow you to be a guide for a phone that isn't your primary device? Or is it simply to help clean up threads?

Upvote 0
We're guides at large, not for specific forums (anymore). I actually asked this very question about 2 - 3 weeks ago when I had solidified my decision to get the Bionic. Plus, I do still actually have the physical device with me, just not using it as my primary device since 2 days ago.

All told, I used the device for 22 months and am extremely well versed in both its usage as well as its troubleshooting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones