• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Adjusting application and notification volume without going to settings

ats27

Lurker
Feb 26, 2016
I have Sony Xperia M4 aqua and I was wondering if there is a way to choose which volume to adjust without having to go to the settings.
When I press the increase button while the music player is open for example, I can't access the notification volume without going to settings, I find it very annoying and I found on different phones a screen which enables the user to change between the different volume settings by increasing or decreasing the volume but I am not sure if that's only available on android 6

Thank you

IF, you wish to preset each type of volume to the same level each time the screen is unlocked, that is not hard to do with macro type utilities.

I use MacroDroid to preset volume levels each time the screen locks, and unlocks.... that way, the Ringer is all MAX, and Bluetooth is always at the exact level I want when the screen unlocks.

* MacroDroid - Device Automation - Android Apps on Google Play

All you need do is choose the type of trigger you want. Swish the phone around violently? OK.
Sense when the screen unlocks? OK, and this is what I do.

Trigger: Screen Unlock
Action: Set Volume
a full menu opens up and you check off what you want

Volume Change.png

now, on my phone, when the Screen Locks, I use the same type Macro and label it Screen Locked
and there, I again make sure the Ringer Volume is MAX....

I use a similar macro to sense when the Charger is working, that macro mutes the whole damn phone, as long as it is on charge, no noises are possible..... let's me sleep all night..

then, when another macro senses the Charger has gone away, it restores all of my volume settings to what they should be.

automation is a neat trick, and used wisely, can be very useful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones