1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Adjusting Screen Brightness via Notification Bar

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ToxicToastKatz, Sep 29, 2011.

1. ToxicToastKatz

ToxicToastKatz Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 3, 2009
    Civil Engineer
    Aurora, IL
    So I take absolutely ZERO credit for this, but I read about this somewhere, gave it a whirl and it worked. Apparently, it's not unique to the E4GT, but I guess it's a function of TouchWiz (dating back to the OG Epic?).

I just wanted to share, because I thought it was kind of a neat little feature.

If you go into settings>display>brightness and uncheck "Auto Brightness", you can adjust the brightness of your screen by swiping right or left on the notification bar at the top of the phone screen.

As I said, I take no credit, and this isn't something new on this phone, but coming from HTC devices exclusively, this is my first dive into TouchWiz so I figured I'd share with those who may not have known this.

The funny thing is, I read the online user guide cover-to-cover, and I don't recall seeing anything about this. I could have just missed it, but I think if I would have read it, I would have immediately tried it.

Advertisement

davis.rob and heavychevy like this.
  2. Kori_Tamashii

Kori_Tamashii Android Enthusiast
    None

May 4, 2010
    Being insane is a full time job.
    La Vista, NE
    First you must long-press on the notification bar without dragging it down. Then you can adjust the brightness by swiping left/right.

Ronnie and BenChase7 like this.
  3. BenChase7

BenChase7 Android Expert
    None

Jun 16, 2010
    Male
    RN
    Phoenix
    ^^
    I didn't know that. Thanks!